Skip to main content

Fresh & Onlys on tour w/ Thee Oh Sees

So our good friends in the Fresh & Onlys kick off their tour with Thee Oh Sees tonight at the Smell. Tomorrow brings them here to Bar Pink in San Diego, where Brian from Christmas Island will be filling in on guitar, and then a few more shows as they make their way out to SXSW. Check each band's Myspace for more info and tunes.

Fresh & Onlys Myspace

Thee Oh Sees Myspace

Upcoming Shows ( view all )
Mar 12 2009 9:00P
Mar 25 2009 8:00P
Silverlake Lounge w/ Thee Oh Sees, Restavrant Los Angeles, California
Mar 26 2009 9:00P
The Eagle SF w/ Thee Oh Sees, Eat Skull, Grant Hart San Francisco, California
Apr 23 2009 8:00P
The Knock-Out with Wounded Lion/The Anasazis San Francisco, California

More info about current releases:

Current mood:chuffed
Our first release is here. A 4 song 7" ep on Kelley Stoltz's Chuffed Records. The songs are Imaginary Friends/Come Dance With Me on the A-Side and Endless Love/Priceless on the B-Side. Only 300 pressed. Write us or chuffedrecords@gmail.com if you want one.
Get Chuffed!

and..............

We're headed to that great cluster fuck known as SXSW. We're playin' a bunch and looking forward to it. We will have our Castle Face LP on hand! Along with the cd for those that travel light these days. We still have about 15 Chuffed EPs left.
AND!!! The Dirty Knobby Industries 7" should be arriving soon. On it is I'll Tell You Everything/I Saw You(It Was Strange)/500 Snakes. We're really really stoked on it! Write to the Dirty Knobs if you want one. I posted I Saw You... for a preview.
In other news...
Tim's truck's legal. Wymo's scuffer is comin' soon. Big Pink joined the band. Grace can't come to SX due to the fires in San Diego. I'm getting the teardrop fixed.
Later,
SS

Here's some live goodness for ya...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flat Worms 7" on Marc Riley's (of the Fall) Best of 2016 BBC 6 show, Oh Boland LP on Pitchfork's Best of 2016, Susan LP on Dirty Laundry TV's Best of 2016, Teach Me 7" on ListenSD's Best of 2016

Happy holidays, all, hope you get through them okay. I know this can be a strange time of year for a number of you, myself included. Happy to be here to share some mighty fine recent news in the land of Volar. Marc Riley, one of the originally songwriters in the Fall, has a BBC 6 show, and just last week discovered the debut 7" by Flat Worms on Volar. He says some very kind words here about the nine-minute mark, played them again the next day, and then included them in his best of 2016 show this past Monday. We're down to the last few of our black vinyl copies. Also this past week, Pitchfork put out its list of

Debut LP and tour by Irish trio Oh Boland and debut 7" by Teach Me, solo LP by Matt Lamkin (Soft Pack)

STREAM/ORDER/DL the debut limited clear LP Spilt Milk by  Irish punk-slop-power-pop trio Oh Boland
Formed in 2012, the trio of songwriter Niall Murphy(Guitars, Vocals) Eanna MacDonnchadha (bass) and Simon McDonagh (drums/vocals) came together to form Oh Boland over the course of drunken pub crawls in their small town of Tuam, Ireland.The band eventually recorded a couple of EPs with Brian Kelly of So Cow, and began venturing out into Galway City, leading to involvement with Dublin-based collective Popical Island and their release of the Delphi split LP with fellow Ireland indie-poppers Me and My Dog.
The Delphi recordings brought them together with producer Mark Chester, who makes his own music as Ginnels and plays in No Monster Club. After the band realized they were sitting on a number of songs, they decided to go back in with Chester to record this first full-length, Spilt Milk, over the course of two days over Halloween weekend 2014 in a cottage in one of the most isolated parts o…

Matt Lamkin of the Soft Pack and Silver Shadows West Coast tour, Teach Me and Keepers live w/ the Spits

First off, a moment of reflection about the Oakland fires. I've been in my own state of shock and grief and am slowly getting back to focusing on this other stuff here. My thoughts go out to everyone involved. I had friends who were there that night and made it out safely; I had quite a few more who were close to going and decided not to. The first show I ever attended in the Bay was at a warehouse (the French Fry Factory), and the first show I ever played there was at the Ghost Town Gallery. I have more musical ties to friends in the Bay and Oakland specifically than anywhere else outside of where I live, and the creative freedom and resourcefulness of the music and arts community there is the richest that I know of in the country. There have been many thoughtful posts and articles regarding that scene in particular, the culture at large, and the nature of warehouse spaces like Ghost Ship. I was asked to do an interview for NBC San Diego and only agreed to help spread that messa…